Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sports

I feel like this weekend I reached some sort of personal threshold or turning point in my sports consumption.  I felt indifference to everything.  I don't care about American Football, whose season started this weekend.  Perhaps because I don't know who to support, since the "San Diego" Chargers don't exist any more - should I switch my allegiance to the "Los Angeles" Chargers?  I definitely don't care for the Seattle Seahawks, whose fans are second only to the New England Patriots in terms of obnoxiousness.  I don't care for the Premiership, and it's bunch of overpaid prima donnas.  Perhaps because Palace lost yet again - in the process, becoming the first team in 93 years in the top flight to lose their first 4 games without scoring a goal.  I couldn't much care about tennis, NASCAR, boxing, UFC and whatever other sports were on TV this weekend.  I have decided I am no longer going to dictate my schedule around mediocre sporting events - which is something I have been guilty of for way too long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment