Thursday, August 10, 2017

Obsession

My current obsessions:

- Getting 3 stars on Level 188 of Two Dots on my phone.  It’s nigh on impossible, and it’s driving me crazy.
- Live PD on A&E TV station on Friday and Saturday nights.  You might have heard of Cops – the seminal camera following police around as they chase down bad guys show – and this is a scaled up live version of that, consisting of a disproportionate amount of white cops pulling over black drivers for minor infractions and finding drugs in their car
- Watching Road Rage videos on YouTube – perhaps to make me feel better about my driving!  It’s so easy to get lost watching pointless videos on YouTube – I’m also prone to watching Grand Theft Auto V Fails, and uncensored Gordon Ramsey.
- P. F. Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice – my go-to frozen meal, delicious
- Why there wasn’t an August 14 2017 issue of Time magazine?  We don’t always get an issue every week, but normally we get a double-issue the previous week to make up for it.  Nothing this week, and it just appears to have never got released rather than not delivered.  Very strange.
- Waiting for the LEGO NASA Apollo Saturn V set to come back in stock – inexplicably I really want to get this (and rumors that a big Millennium Falcon set is going to be released next month – that will also be one to get)
- Why the IKEA “Veberod” bench that I really want to get is out of stock and the expected delivery date at my local store keeps on being pushed back further and further each time I check (currently Sep 11 to Sep 18)
- Not really an obsession per say, although it could easily be turned into one if I wasn’t in a fit state of mind, but I found out today that a load of people at work got invited to a party over the weekend at one of our department’s senior manager’s home, but I wasn’t one of them.  Not really a surprise, but kind of  a disappointing reflection of my social (and/or professional) standing at work.  This on top of just finding out today that my manager’s manager has quit – someone who I liked a lot and putting a big spanner in the works for my hopes of transferring into a new group.  The nightmare scenario would be my manager taking over that role.  So I guess you can say I am getting increasingly obsessed with changing jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment