Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Blue Tuesday

It has just been one of those days – down in the dumps; lacking energy; irritable; fed up with everyone and everything.  Mind you, every workday for the last year has felt like this!  Today just happened to be worse.  And for all sorts of reasons – personal, professional, stuff within my control, stuff outside my control, trivial things, deep things, a perfect storm of shittiness.  Everything just got to me today.  I wish I was someone else, somewhere else, doing something different.  I wish they’d hurry up and invent the Holodeck from Star Trek.  Or if I’m living some The Matrix type existence, well my simulated reality absolutely sucks.  I crave change – something different and  something better in my future.  The status quo can’t and won’t suffice.  Is this a new midlife crisis?  Or a continuation of whatever midlife crisis I’ve already suffered through throughout my 30s?  Jeez, getting older is a real downer isn't it…    

No comments:

Post a Comment