Monday, August 14, 2017

Interlaken and Montlake

After a relatively uneventful and lazy weekend, I felt like I needed to get out today.  So I took a long lunch break and did a city walk that was relatively close to work: “Interlaken and Montlake: An Urban Wilderness”.  Basically, a short stroll through a small green oasis within the city – and somewhere I hadn’t been before.  Only about 3.5 miles (plus the distance to/from my office – maybe another mile), no big inclines (the biggest elevation change was probably the one I actually had to make in getting to the start of the walk from the office), no scenic viewpoints, just a simple walk amongst the trees and mostly away from traffic, plus a detour to some pretty houses.  Nothing special, just an opportunity to stretch my legs.  My book said about the trees “It all makes for a spectacular interplay of light and shadow” – maybe in the evening, but nothing particularly spectacular about it at lunchtime.  The walk didn’t even go past anywhere I could grab some lunch, which was mightily disappointing.  I doubt I’ll bother with this one again.



No comments:

Post a Comment