Saturday, August 19, 2017

Liverpool 1 - 0 Crystal Palace

I am worried.  Palace looked like a second-tier side - against a Liverpool side that Palace normally do well against, and who have Champions League qualifying on their mind.  I don't think Frank de Boer is going to still be the manager by Christmas - they just looked so disjointed, very little threat up front, and continually giving away possession cheaply.  Palace are not good enough, and nowhere near good enough, to play that expansive, technical, possession-based Ajax/Barcelona style of game that I think he wants them to play.

A couple of other miscellaneous thoughts:

- Happy Birthday to me today!  Just another day as far as I'm concerned, I haven't celebrated a birthday for years.  The only significance is that I plan to have a lazy day today before making a more concerted effort to diet and exercise beginning tomorrow.  I'm doing quite well on the exercise front - though not averaging the 15,000 steps a day I hoped for, I'm comfortably doing over 10,000 steps a day.  The main thing is that I haven't been eating particularly healthily recently, and I'd like to improve on that.

- I have no intention of travelling down to Oregon or across to Idaho to catch the Total Eclipse on Monday.  The American media is going doolally over this event, but I don't fancy braving the traffic and the crowds just for a couple of minutes of darkness during the day.  I think in Seattle we're going to get about a 90% eclipse rather than a total eclipse, and that is sufficient for me.  The long drive down to Oregon to watch a 100% eclipse is not worth the trouble, especially with predictions that the traffic is going to be horrendous, all accommodation was booked out a long time ago, and I'm just not sure it's worth it (and certainly not the "life-changing event" I've seen it described as).

No comments:

Post a Comment