Monday, August 7, 2017

Job (Dis)Satisfaction

I think my manager has just crossed the line.  I was already frustrated with her over-controlling nature and the resulting lack of control I have over my work – but now her micro-management has gone one step further and she has set up regular meetings with my reports.  This is unacceptable.  It once again shows a lack of trust and a lack of respect.  I think this is the final straw – I’m going to ask to transfer into a different therapeutic area, with a different study team and different manager.  I’m sad to say that coming back to Seattle and to this job and this company hasn’t worked out so far – I’m disappointed, demoralized, unmotivated, and indifferent to the work I’ve been assigned.  I want to care about my job and my work, I want to feel passionate about what I’m doing – and I want the opportunity to show that I’m good at what I do and to earn the trust, respect and reward that comes from that.  I have been wholly mismanaged and underused since coming back, with little to no opportunity to prove my worth.  I can’t stress enough how important it is to have job satisfaction – I didn’t have it when I moved to Texas, and I don’t have it now.  The last 3 years have been very frustrating, and it has made me question my career and my future.  I really want to give it one more shot at finding a rewarding and satisfying job, preferably in the SoCal area, but if that doesn’t work out then I would seriously question whether I’d even want to stay in the US.  It’s not like there’s anything or anyone to keep me here... which may also be part of the problem…

No comments:

Post a Comment