Friday, July 28, 2017

Summer Picknick

Today was our annual work summer picnic - or, in other words, an easy day of slacking off work.  I don't even know why I bother going - it's more for families, and just awkward and boring if you don't have kids.  It was held at the same place as last year - on the shores of Lake Sammamish - and I did more or less exactly the same as last year: show up, grab some food, wander round and say hello to a few people, go home early.  There are some activities, but again mainly for kids.  What I like least is that it's very cliquey - the Chinese stick together, the cool kids stick together, the people who work together stick together, etc.  Because I don't work directly with anyone in my office I don't really have anyone to hang out with, so I don't stay long - my lack of confidence and inability to make small talk to people who I see at work but don't interact with is frustrating...  

No comments:

Post a Comment