Monday, July 10, 2017

On The Move

Today was the first day of our annual “On The Move” challenge at work, where we record the number of steps we take each day for 8 weeks.  Having won a prize last year, naturally I am participating this year as well.  What will this mean?  I’m already doing a lot of weekday activities through a combination of lunchtime walks, evening walks and ping pong – so maybe I might make them a bit more intense.  But, in particular, I want to focus on the weekends where I’ve generally been pretty lax recently in getting out and doing/seeing stuff through a combination of feeling lousy and feeling indifferent.  This will change – I need to step up my weekend activities (which will hopefully also mean me being able to post more photos).  Especially if I want to target an average of 15,000 steps a day.  That’s a tough but achievable target, especially if it stays as dry as it has for the last few weeks – though ideally a touch cooler for that perfect walking/hiking weather.  Not a good start because although I've done over 18,000 steps today it feels like I've strained a leg muscle already on my first day...

No comments:

Post a Comment