Saturday, July 15, 2017

Brier

Went for a walk around my neighborhood - Brier - today, and came to the conclusion that I like it.  It's a quiet, undeveloped, green neighborhood - where properties are on large lots and spread out, and never go higher than 2 stories - no huge apartment communities or soaring apartment buildings here!  It's the kind of place where the roads have no sidewalks and there are no bus routes that come here, so it's very peaceful and very pleasant and you don't encounter homeless or crazies like I do walking around work.  I think the local school has a good reputation, so it seems like a good place to raise a family.  It's unusual to find this kind of place so close to all the rampant growth in and around Seattle - I think there must be restrictions to limit growth and development here.  Brier high street has a small corner shop, a pizzeria, a coffee stand and a nail salon - and I think that's about it.  Very low key!  Dare I say it, I probably also like it here because it's one of the few remaining neighborhoods close to Seattle area that is still predominantly white and not taken over by Indians or particularly Chinese.  Just saying.  And I was looking at some house prices here, and it seemed surprisingly affordable.  I went for a random walk and ended up finding the various parks nearby (incidentally, some of which may warrant further exploration since I think they may contain geocaches!).  And I happened to come across a huge memorial/cemetery/graveyard area nearby which I had no idea was there.  Definitely need to explore more to see what else I stumble upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment