Wednesday, July 19, 2017

La Lumbar

A current fad at work seems to be getting a “sit/stand desk system” installed in your cube or office.  This is essentially where you make the height of your desk electronically adjustable so that you can switch between working sitting in your chair or standing up.  I’m sure there is some bogus article to imply that there are health benefits to doing this  – but I’m terribly old-fashioned so I won’t get the upgrade.  I don’t doubt that prolonged sitting is not good for you, and I definitely have a habit of slouching in my chair which is probably awful for my posture, but at least I make sure I often escape my desk to walk around and stretch my legs and back, so I think I’m doing OK (I haven’t suffered any back pains for quite some time now).  I’m getting fairly stubborn like that – everyone at work now has a laptop, and I am probably the only person who refuses to take home my laptop every day.  I will not work from home unless I absolutely have to.  I would however get a “treadmill desk” if work offered that – that would seem to be the next logical step up from a sit/stand desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment