Friday, July 14, 2017

Best Places to Live in America

Jeez, I’m suffering from yesterday’s excursions today.  I’ve got blisters on the back of both my feet, where my walking shoes apparently didn’t fit me very well, and I’m also really sore.  And again, I didn’t get the kind of quality night’s sleep I really need – is that part of getting old, or just me?  But at least it meant that I was up early enough to watch most of another mountain stage in the Tour de France – by far the best stages, especially as it is surprisingly close this year.  Good to see some competition – though that suspicion that they’re all on some kind of cocktail of drugs or blood transfusion regime still hangs like a cloud over the top riders.  The time trial on the penultimate stage of the tour could be very interesting.

I came across a list of 2017 Best Places to Live in America today.  Unsurprisingly, the list was bewildering.  Austin was No. 1.  I hated Austin.  Seattle was No. 5.  Come on now, Seattle should be plummeting down the list with all the development, traffic and increased cost of living.  And, perhaps most shocking of all, San Diego didn’t even make the Top 20, coming in at No. 22.  That is just farcical.  Perhaps they are attaching too much importance to the fact that San Diego have lost their (American) football team (the Chargers start playing in LA this year) and their baseball team just plain sucks.  But Austin doesn’t even have any professional sports teams?!  And it’s too hot for most of the year.  Yes, it might be cheaper to live in Austin but now I think Seattle is more expensive to rent than San Diego and Seattle doesn’t have the beaches or the climate.  What a subjective load of nonsense.  

No comments:

Post a Comment