Monday, July 3, 2017

Pre-4th July

It's kind of weird that 4th July is a holiday, but it happens to lie on a Tuesday this year.  Today, Monday 3rd July, is NOT a holiday.  So, unsurprisingly, hardly anybody was in work today.  I was thinking of also taking a holiday - but I guessed that we would probably get a message from management to say we could leave at midday if we wanted to, and sure enough we got the message and I did leave early without having to use up one of my valuable vacation days.  Normally, the weather here is pretty grotty  for the 4th July fireworks - but it looks like tomorrow might be much nicer.  The Seattle fireworks take place over Lake Union, so I'm tempted to go to the office and watch the fireworks from the office roof - but I'm not sure I fancy the hassle of having to be at the office really early before they close all the roads and then brave all the crowds and traffic after the fireworks finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment