Sunday, August 4, 2024

More Olympics Thoughts

I see that the golf and tennis Olympic medals were decided this weekend.  I can't say I care for including sports in the Olympics where the athletes competing and winning the medals already earn millions of dollars/pounds in money.  I know that we are a long way from only having amateurs compete in the Olympics, but this takes the biscuit.  These sports and competitors don't need their profiles raised, and unduly take attention away from the sports and athletes that better deserve it.  So I don't care for golf, tennis, basketball and football as Olympic sports - at least in their current form.  For example in much the same way that Rugby sevens is an Olympic sport, why don't we have five-a-side football instead?  

No comments:

Post a Comment