Saturday, August 31, 2024

Light Rail

The light rail service that serves a couple of the neighborhoods north of Seattle - nowhere even close to walking distance of where I live, but within easy driving distance - officially opened this weekend.  I didn't attend the opening festival, which was weirdly on a Friday rather than a Saturday.  And although I've been critical of the disruption caused by the construction of this line, I'm glad it's open.  I'm not exactly going to be a frequent user of the service, but I think I might occasionally use it to go into downtown.  But that crucially depends on the availability of parking.  I've no idea how big the lots are, or how expensive they are.  Indeed, I've got no idea if the travel card that I get through work works on this light rail service.  I think I will have to test this all out one weekend soon.      

No comments:

Post a Comment