Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Dune: Part Two

I rewatched Dune (or Dune: Part One) yesterday in anticipation of watching Dune: Part Two today.  And as much as I liked Part One, I maybe liked Part Two even better.  And I'm sure that I'm going to rewatch Part Two before I watch Dune: Part Three in a few years time, since it seems inevitable that we need a third film.  And although the whole worm-riding thing is kind of ridiculous, the cinematography in Part Two is amazing.  This is movie-making at it's finest - every aspect of this film screams of quality.  The desert planet of Arrakis, where most of the film takes place, is stunningly realistic.  And what was already a stacked cast added even more big names to the mix (I had no idea Christopher Walken was in this film!).  This is up there as one of the best science fiction films ever - and Denis Villeneuve should be more widely recognized as one of the best directors out there.  4 out of 5.     

No comments:

Post a Comment