Thursday, February 15, 2024

Potholes

The roads are in a terrible condition round here - and there are potholes everywhere.  I guess the weather is the main cause, but personally I blame the many, many heavy construction vehicles on the roads - which is why I think the construction companies should foot most of the bill for road repairs.  But because it's the local government, the roads stay in bad condition for a lot longer.  And people like me drive over the potholes and potentially damage our cars.  I'm already thinking that I need to get my car tires checked out again.  So I decided to report a pothole that had developed on the road outside my house.  This was the photo I sent them.


Not even that big a pothole, but one that would be nice to see fixed since I drive over or around it at least once a day.  So imagine my surprise when after having sent them an e-mail on Sunday to report the pothole, it got fixed on Monday.  My oh my, that was a shockingly quick turnaround.  I suspect it's more of a temporary fix rather than a permanent fix, but nevertheless the response time was impressive.  I suspect that's because most people don't even bother to report potholes because they're so prevalent.  But good to see at least one branch of the local government seemingly doing a decent job.

No comments:

Post a Comment