Monday, February 26, 2024

Is it Friday yet?

A rough start to the work week, when the very first thing I discovered when logging in today was that a contractor I'm working with had messed up.  However, it doesn't matter how many years I've worked at this company, I learn something new every day.  For example, I knew one location where we kept backups of our network drive.  But I didn't know about another location - which proved to be a godsend, because that second location had the backup we needed to recover the files that this contractor had inadvertently overwritten.  Between Friday and today, it's been a stressful few days of work.  And I don't see it getting better anytime soon.  But this is not untypical for my job - the workload very much comes in peaks and troughs, normally long troughs with occasional extreme peaks.  I happen to be on one of those peaks right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment