Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Mount Rainier

An unexpected and unwelcome development, but beginning this year Mount Rainier is going to require timed entry reservations in order to enter.  And not just one reservation, but two different ones for the two main parts of the park.  This doesn't come as a total shock - after all Mount Rainier had started to become increasingly busy, and I knew that some other national parks had also started to require reservations.  But still very disappointing - because although I haven't been there for a few years, when I do go it is generally at very short notice when I know the weather is going to be good or when the wildflower blooms are peaking.  It's going to take a bit more planning next time.  Or I just try to arrive at the park when a reservation is not required (before 7 am - unlikely - or after 3 pm) - though I imagine the timing of when the park gets horrendously busy will just shift to after 3 pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment