Saturday, February 3, 2024

People Suck

As I was heading out today, I noticed that the sign with my house number on was missing from the bottom of my driveway.  Strange, I thought to myself, where would it had gone?  Would someone had taken it?  Why?  What are the chances that someone who has the same house number as me would take this crappy sign?  That seems unlikely.  So when I got back, I had to take a closer look.  It's possible the sign had fallen down into the weeds - after all it wasn't secured in the ground, and I had it just propped up against a tree.  But nope, no sign of it.  But then I recalled the van that had been stuck in the ditch earlier in the week.  Surely not, they wouldn't have taken it.  So I had a quick walk up the road to where the van had been stuck, and predictably yep there was the missing sign.  Face down in the mud.  Where the stuck driver had clearly taken it from the end of my driveway and placed it in front of his tire in an attempt to gain traction.  And left it there in the ditch.  Covered in mud, and probably having been driven over.  The cheek of it.  As you can imagine, less than pleased about this.  Wish I had seen this at the time, and I would definitely have said something - and demanded some compensation.  My landlord went to help the driver, so surprised he didn't see or do anything about it either.  I think I might ask my landlord to get a new sign that can actually be anchored to the ground.    

No comments:

Post a Comment