Thursday, February 22, 2024

A Neighborhood Update

Let's go to the map:
'


1. My house.
2. This house finally got sold this month - shockingly, I believe the selling price was over a million dollars.  Which is why I rent.  Disappointingly, but perhaps unsurprisingly, it got sold to a Chinese family.  I can't get away from them.
3. This satellite image is well out of date.  They are in the process of constructing a new house here.  The construction noise - particularly from a portable generator they use - has been driving me crazy.  To the extent that I actually bought a noise meter because I wanted to see whether the noise of the generator was too much (it was high, but not high enough for me to justify making an official complaint, which is disappointing - and perhaps reflective of my over-sensitivity to noise.  And at least the construction happened over winter when my windows were closed.  Although now I worry about what construction the Chinese family might do). 
4. I don't talk to these neighbors much, but caught up with them as I was picking up my mail today.  They are apparently looking to move away and to rent out their property.  So that will mean newer, and potentially noisier, neighbors.  Great.
5. I don't know what's going on here.  They've constructed a new house, but no one has moved in yet.  And I don't see (or hear) much work going on there any more.  Weird.
6.  Again, this satellite image is well out of date - they've cut down all the trees around the property.  These are the neighbors that I irrationally hate - from noisy kids, to the fact that they've still got or have got a new rooster (despite my previous complaint), from having way too many outdoor fires, to the fact that they've just installed these really bright outdoor lights that they leave on 24/7.  I shouldn't let these people bother me as much as they do, but I can't help myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment