Friday, February 23, 2024

Friday

Just what you need on a Friday - a long and stressful day of work.  Dealing with incompetence and idiots needlessly creating more work and more drama for others.  I can barely tolerate work at the best of times, but I can't and won't take many more days like this.  Not many people go into the office on a Friday, and by the time I eventually left in the evening it felt like it was just me, security and the cleaners left in the building.  Normally I only stay this late if the traffic is bad - this time I didn't even get a chance to check the traffic because I was so busy trying to put out one fire after another.  So many aspects of the modern office work environment really got on my nerves today - from the lack of telephone (I don't want to take calls at my cube via my computer and wearing a stupid headset), to instant messaging (some people really abuse this and constantly interrupt you), to the fact that not a single person I'm dealing with is based in Seattle nor their first language is English (without face-to-face interaction, all my relationships feel so impersonal and communication is a nightmare).  It's days like this that really make me question my career choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment