Monday, August 28, 2023

Work News

I was told this off the record, but apparently there were some layoffs in our Seattle office last week.  Of course, they are not calling these layoffs but "organizational restructuring".  Whatever you call it, some people used to have jobs and now they don't.  No one I know, these were people who worked in the lab.  Entirely different department to mine (they are in research, I am in development).  Nonetheless, they did work in the same therapeutic area that I do.  And indeed I don't think it's coincidence that the head of clinical development for the same therapeutic area quit recently.  It seems to me that our company might be exiting the therapeutic area I work in.  Although it is easy enough for me to transition into another area, and I'm already doing work for a different group, it is rather unsettling.  I don't think my job is under threat, but who knows what might happen.  If I'm going to be honest, I wouldn't mind being laid off with a generous severance package.  The only thing that concerns me is losing health insurance!       

No comments:

Post a Comment