Monday, August 14, 2023

Eyes

A much needed trip to the opticians today, as my blurry vision woes continue.  The good news - no long-term damage to my eyes from diabetes.  The bad news - it appears that my vision will not be stable over the next month.  Apparently my blood sugar levels have caused some swelling in my lenses.  As my levels normalize (and I check my blood sugar levels twice daily now, and the results are encouraging) then the swelling will decrease, but not all the way - and I'll probably be left with an eye prescription somewhere between what it is now and what it used to be.  And, according to the optician, that is a massive difference - one of the biggest he's ever seen.  I'm getting some temporary glasses on Friday, that should help in the short-term.  But my eyes are so bad that I'm not legally supposed to drive at the moment.  But I have been, and will continue to do so, when it is absolutely necessary - e.g. going to an optician's appointment.  Driving back home after my appointment, with a combination of my bad eyesight and dilated pupils, was one of the most terrifying experiences I've ever had.  I'm glad I got home without incident, because I could hardly see where I was going.  And, unfortunately, all this uncertainty over my vision has made me question the timing of my trip back to the UK.  TBD.          

No comments:

Post a Comment