Thursday, August 31, 2023

Beep Beep Beep

The beep beep beep sound that construction vehicles make when they reverse is driving me crazy.  I'm even imagining hearing it long after the sun goes down.  The last few days it's been incessant, as they continue work on the house next door to mine that just got sold.  And if it's not the beep beep beep, then it's the hammering, the generator or some other noise getting on my nerves.  Considering the amount of time and effort that seems to be going into renovating this property, it sure seems like someone is eventually moving in.  I think it has been abandoned and unoccupied since I moved here.  Even when it got sold a few years ago, they started making renovations but gave up/ran of money.  This time it feels different.  So now I'm fearing the worst for how long this construction noise could be going on for, and then what kind of neighbors I could end up having.  I think it's just unfortunate that I'm having to endure the noises because I happen to be working from home right now.  My eyesight is still far from ideal, so I'm using that as an excuse for not going into the office.  That might have to change next week (I should have some new glasses by then - if my new eye prescription hasn't already become outdated). 

No comments:

Post a Comment