Sunday, August 27, 2023

Construction Noise

Much to my chagrin, I am currently suffering from a trifecta of construction noise around where I live.  Let's go to the map for some context:


A - this is the house that was for sale, but unbelievably someone actually bought it.  Even more shockingly, they paid nearly half a million dollars for it.  My landlord said it is going to take nearly that much money again to make it habitable.  But that hasn't stopped the new buyers from starting work on it - cue lots of annoying construction noise.

B - I have no idea what the owners of this plot of land are doing.  There isn't a house there - it just seems to be a dumping ground for a load of crap, including construction materials.  But just over the last week there has been lots of noise and activity there and it looks like they might be constructing something.  I remember talking to my landlord a while ago about this plot and I remember him saying that you couldn't build a house there - but I don't know what else they could be doing.

C - the owners of this house don't live there, but I occasionally see them doing some maintenance e.g. mowing the lawn.  But, again, just in the last week there seems to have been a significant uptake in activity there.  I heard from my landlord that they might try to rent out the property, which might explain all the construction noise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment