Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Radio

I am fed up with the local radio station I normally listen to.   It's main draw is that it limits advert breaks (though not as much as it used to) - which is a big problem with most stations here.  However, the lack of variety in the songs it plays is shocking.  Yes, sticking to alternative music does somewhat restrict the playlist.  But my god, I am sick to death of hearing Nirvana, Wheezer and Green Day every hour, let alone every day.  I need to investigate other alternative music stations - surely there have to be better ones, especially in a city like Seattle steeped in alternative music lore.  It might also be time to embrace internet or satellite radio.  And it really makes me miss BBC radio and it's lack of adverts and extensive music library.  I wonder if I can listen to it here?  Back in the day I used to be able to do so, but then they blocked broadcasting outside the UK.  But I've just downloaded a BBC Sounds app and it looks like I can again.  Hmmm, options.         

No comments:

Post a Comment