Friday, July 21, 2023

World Cup

Will I be watching the Women's World Cup?  Will I heck.  Is it because the time difference is absolutely atrocious for watching most of the games?  Is it because I don't need to see any more of the offensively xenophobic coverage of the "USWNT"?  You'd think they'd already won it.  Is it because the quality of football is so poor?  Yes to all of those, but it's mainly because I simply don't care about women's football.  I don't care how well England does or not.  I don't care to watch any of the games (as I'm writing this, I believe the US game is airing live on one of the networks - but I haven't watched a single second of it).  Does that make me a big sexist?  Probably.  But there are men's sports that I feel equal disdain for and that I refuse to watch - baseball being a prime example right now.  I'm already fed up with the BBC Sports website confusing me with headlines about the Ashes but when I actually open the story it refers to the women's game.  I care even less about women's cricket than I do about women's football.       

No comments:

Post a Comment