Thursday, July 13, 2023

Northern Lights

Earlier this week, we were told that the Northern Lights would be able to be seen from Washington State tonight.  Sadly, the aurora forecast cooled down and now I don't think we're going to see anything here.  Which is a real shame, as we have perfect clear skies tonight.  I've only seen the Northern Lights once, in Iceland, and that was a long time ago.  So I quite fancied the idea of getting out of the city and viewing the lights (though where I would drive to is a good question - away from the light pollution, but do you go for high elevation or a north-facing body of water?).  Even if the reality of seeing the Northern Lights is nowhere near as good as it looks in photos.  But I hope there will be more opportunities with an active sun over the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment