Saturday, July 15, 2023

RIP Bunny

This evening, found the body of a dead rabbit in the far corner of my yard.  It didn't look as though it had been dead long, and I couldn't tell the cause of death - probably one of the local predators I capture on trail cam (which reminds me I should probably check the camera for "evidence").  But the body didn't seem particularly defiled, which I might expect from a predator, so I really don't know.  For some reason, it made me feel quite sad.  Perhaps because this was probably the same bunny that I've become accustomed to seeing all the time, and that I scared off yesterday - hope that doesn't mean I was partially to blame for it's death.  It's not the only rabbit I've seen around.  Sometime last week, I counted about 5 rabbits between my house and my mailbox.  So expect some other rabbit will take over it's territory - though the grass in my yard is very brown now so not exactly an abundant source of food.     

No comments:

Post a Comment