Sunday, July 2, 2023

A Preview

It's not 4th July yet, but I've already heard lots of fireworks going off over the weekend.  Despite the fact that it's illegal.  But what is utterly ridiculous is that you still see fireworks on sale.  If you don't want people to set off fireworks, then don't tempt them by selling them here.  It's a total lack of common sense.  As are the idiots who set off fireworks when it's still light outside.  What is the point of that.  But what annoys me most is the total lack of enforcement by police on people setting off fireworks.  If you don't bother to enforce the rules, then people will keep on breaking them.  I see that some road signs have gone up mentioning the illegality of setting off fireworks, but I doubt it's going to make much difference.  Nor is the fact that I've just been looking at the Snohomish County Interactive Fireworks Discharge Information Map (I live in Snohomish County), and I see fireworks are illegal all year round where I live but Bothell, which is nearby, actually has limited fireworks discharge allowed on 4th July.  Which was unexpected to find out.  I'm definitely going to hear that from where I live, so it's going to be another noisy 4th July.  I should just go up to Canada to avoid all this nonsense!       

No comments:

Post a Comment