Friday, March 31, 2023

Dash Cam

I don't have a dash cam in my car, but I think I should get one.  I watch a lot of those YouTube videos of dash cam footage of bad driving and accidents.  And it's quite terrifying how bad some of the driving and drivers in the US are.  And my real life experience of driving in the US backs that up (though judging from the YouTube videos, driving in Russia would seem to be a hundred times worse).  But what I find ridiculous is that about half of these people who presumably send in their dash cam footage are either oblivious or ignorant to the fact that they are as much as fault as anyone else.  Which is scary.  There are also videos of bad UK driving, but I'd generally say that US divers are a LOT worse than the UK.  Americans don't know how to deal with roundabouts, don't use their indicators, and pay little heed to stopping distances and speed limits.  The sense of entitlement, the general disregard for road conditions and your surroundings, driving these needlessly big vehicles really badly, and a litigious society all combine to explain why I have to pay so much for my car insurance.  Of course this blog entry has nothing to do with the fact that my next car insurance payment is due shortly.     

No comments:

Post a Comment