Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Desperation

Desperate times call for desperate measures.  So I was surprised to read that Roy Hodgson is going to manage Palace for the rest of the season.  That feels like a distinct step backwards.  But I was mostly surprised because I didn't even know Patrick Vieira had been let go.  Not so much that he was sacked, which isn't a surprise when you consider Palace's position, but that he was sacked last week and I didn't know.  It didn't make the US sports headlines, and I've been so preoccupied with other stuff that I haven't really been paying much attention to the football headlines (I was going to watch a replay of Palace's game against Arsenal over the weekend, but then I saw the final score and didn't bother).  Can Roy Hodgson save our season?  I doubt it - but I shall pass judgement over April.  Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, Everton, Wolves, West Ham.  Every single one of these games is a relegation six-pointer - all of these teams are currently below us.  The key is whether Roy can get us scoring more goals.  That's not really his thing, so that's why I remain pessimistic.       

No comments:

Post a Comment