Monday, March 27, 2023

Skiing

I couldn't care less about Gwyneth Paltrow's ski-collision trial.  But when I see headlines about it, all I can think is thank god I didn't try to learn to ski in the US.  The only time I went, which was a long time ago but thankfully in Europe, I remember ploughing uncontrollably straight into a child - something that sounds remarkably similar, if not worse, than what Gwyneth Paltrow allegedly did.  If that was in the US, I would undoubtedly be sued for traumatic brain injury and whatever extensive mental health damage I caused to that child.  Such is the ingloriously litigious society I live in over here.  My total lack of control is one of the many reasons I hated skiing, and why I never have and have never wanted to ski again.    

No comments:

Post a Comment