Sunday, March 26, 2023

A Big TV Night

I'm writing this in the early evening, in anticipation of the biggest TV night of the year so far.  We have the return of Succession (a very bittersweet feeling - it's the best show currently on TV, but it's devastating to know that this is it's final season).  We also have the return of Yellowjackets - a very buzzworthy show (pun intended), and one difficult to describe - maybe a coming-of-age survival horror?  It's well worth watching though.  What other big shows are on my radar right now?  Lucky Hank is also on Sunday nights - Bob Odenkirk's next project after Better Call Saul - that has some potential but I'm not totally sold on it yet.  I'm also currently watching Perry Mason - very film noir-ish.  And another detective series, Under the Banner of Heaven - an interesting crossover between murder and Mormonism.  Otherwise, it's the usual junk.     

1 comment:

  1. I'm not normally one to put forward TV recommendations to you, as our spheres of interest & quantity of viewing are both starkly different.

    BUT

    IF you have Amazon Prime, I would recommend Clarkson's Farm (both series). I loathed Clarkson on Top Gear, so I didn't come at this with the usual Middle Aged / Middle Englander fawning for the bloke.

    But Clarkson's Farm is good.

    ReplyDelete