Thursday, March 30, 2023

Film Collection

I've been going a bit crazy with the number of collector's edition Blu-ray/4K disc sets I've been buying recently.  From The Criterion Collection, that includes The Irishman, The Silence of the Lambs, and Being John Malkovich.  From The Film Vault, that includes Goodfellas, Scarface, 1917, and (via a birthday/xmas present request) Blade Runner.  Other special/limited edition sets include All Quiet on the Western Front, Full Metal Jacket, The Lighthouse, and Midsommar.  But perhaps my most important purchase, and definitely one of my best purchases, is "The Ultimate Restored Edition" of The World at War - arguably the greatest documentary series ever made, and which I got for a steal on eBay.  This has all meant that I am increasingly pleased with the film collection I have built up over the years (with only a few misfires in the early stages).  However, it does mean that I have an awful lot of films and extras to catch up on.   

No comments:

Post a Comment