Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Data Entry

Currently plumbing new depths with my job - for the last few days, I've been doing data entry.  Mindless, boring, repetitive data entry.  A task totally beneath me.  A task I've never done before in my 20+ years in this industry.  Utterly ridiculous.  But perhaps the masochist in me kind of likes it.  You can switch your brain off, stick some music on, and get into a comfortable pattern of entering the data.  Regular short breaks, longer celebratory breaks when you reach certain milestones, there is a certain amount of satisfaction to be found.  And boy does time fly.  I've been in the office for the last few days, and have been staying until well after 7 pm.  And it's been fine.  Someone needs to do it, and I'm happy to be the one.     

No comments:

Post a Comment