Sunday, November 6, 2022

The Week Ahead

This week is going to be a bad week.  For starters, I definitely won't win the $1.9 billion lottery jackpot (the largest in the world, ever!) even though I'll undoubtedly buy some tickets (as I have done for the last few drawings).  And then, of course, we have the midterms.  I predict an absolute massacre for the Democrats - they are going to lose control of the House, the Senate and all kinds of state-level and local-level government.  We are going to have all kinds of nutcases, conspiracy-theorists, election-deniers, etc. in positions of power.  I don't consume much political news nowadays - it's too depressing - but I still scan the headlines, so why do I make this prediction?  I am basically judging things by what I see in our state - and that is some very competitive races, in what shouldn't be a competitive state.  If Republicans have a chance of winning here, then they are definitely going to win in the swing states.  I will be glad to see the back of the political ads - which are always on, and which are almost exclusively attack ads or fear-mongering.  It's really awful, and we've seen the consequences of it when people start getting attacked.  And then following the midterms, I predict Trump will be gloating about the results - taking unfounded credit for them - and will declare his candidacy for the presidency.  If the American people are dumb enough to vote him into one term of office, then they are definitely dumb enough to vote him in for another.  Despite everything.  It makes me sick to my stomach.         

No comments:

Post a Comment