Friday, November 11, 2022

More Animal Activity

It is perhaps a sad indictment of how little is going on in my life that I am doing so many blog posts about the local wildlife.  But here is another one.

- Mice are back.  I can hear the scrabbling behind the walls - specifically behind the downstairs wall right near where I work from home.  Naturally.  So often within earshot, hence driving me absolutely crazy.  I've put some mousetraps down underneath the house - but I think I might need better bait than just some regular cheese.  Apparently mice love peanut butter, so I might have to go out and get some tomorrow if the traps don't catch anything tonight.

- The hummingbirds are going crazy right now.  Very loud, very territorial - I am frequently seeing them chase each other off the various feeders.  I don't know what was going on with this particular hummingbird, but I saw her (I think it's a female Anna's Hummingbird) just sitting on the step underneath one of the feeders.  I thought she might be dead, but she moved a little bit when I got near.  Perhaps just tired or injured after a territorial battle, I let her be and she had gone when I checked later on - so I hope she's okay.

- And lastly, there was some more deer action today.  And as you can tell from the antlers and bigger size, this was a buck.  You don't tend to see them so much - so that was kind of cool to see him just hanging around by my patio.  I haven't checked my trailcam yet, but there might be some interesting photos since he was lying down right in front of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment