Thursday, November 3, 2022

Mother Nature

Mother Nature is a fickle mistress when it comes to the weather.  It was only a few weeks ago that we were still enjoying an Indian summer.  We are currently under a flood watch and a high wind watch, with an atmospheric river pointing right at us.  I left work early today - knowing full well that the evening commute would be a wet mess (which was the right decision - I passed 2 separate accidents already on the opposite freeway lanes) - and by the time I was home at 3 pm, it was already dark, damp and miserable.  And the clocks haven't even gone back yet.  This is a depressing time of year.  And guess what we have in the forecast next week?  Yep, snow.  Oh joy.  We are going to get much colder temperatures than normal, with the very real possibility of some lowland snow (particularly if I'm in the convergence zone).  The mountain passes are definitely going to get hit hard.  I think these weather extremes are the new norm.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I miss San Diego's climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment