Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Drain Flies

Have you heard of these things called drain flies?  I hadn't until recently, when I looked up "black flies in bathroom".  I'd been seeing quite a lot of them recently, having rarely encountered them before, and didn't know what they were.  They are quite small and harmless, but with very distinctive heart-shaped wings - they almost look like small moths.  Apparently they thrive in stagnant and standing water - and with the plumbing in this house, it doesn't surprise me that I've got them.  I don't exactly have an infestation of them just yet, but if I start to see them more regularly then we might have a problem.  Despite the fact that they are also called sewer flies, they are apparently quite common and don't spread diseases or anything.  Thank god.      

No comments:

Post a Comment