Monday, August 15, 2022

Ups and Downs

There is a park I go to regularly for a walk - at least once a week.  It consists of a number of different trails that combine together to make a decent length loop back to the parking lot.  But what is a mystery to me is that if I do the loop clockwise, I feel like there are more uphill sections and I am pretty tired by the time I get back to the car.  But if I do the loop anticlockwise (or as the Americans prefer to say, counter-clockwise) then the hike seems a lot easier and I feel like I have loads of energy by the time I'm finished and that I could probably go on for a few more miles.  This shouldn't happen - there shouldn't be any difference in elevation change.  Very strange - it's not like the uphill sections all occur at one end of the loop, or that there are any significant differences in gradient depending on which direction you go.  Whatever.    

No comments:

Post a Comment