Friday, August 26, 2022

Health News

I don't want to end the week on a downer, but I have some health news to share.  Something I've been keeping to myself for a few weeks.  I have officially got type 2 diabetes.  Fortunately I have caught it early - my A1C is at the extreme lower limit of being defined as diabetes.  So it should be manageable, and shouldn't have any sort of massive affect on my quality of life - at long as I can keep it under control.  I'm certainly not asking for sympathy - I only have myself to blame for the years of abuse to my body through a sedentary lifestyle and a negligent diet and exercise regime.  Conversely, I'm not going to suddenly make enormous changes to my lifestyle - I'm not going to be able to sustain that.  It's much more important for me just to make gradual and sensible good decisions when it comes to what I drink/eat and how much I exercise etc etc.  I've been prescribed some medication to lower my cholesterol, and apparently the new blood pressure medication that I've just started recently should also help (it has already helped lower my blood pressure).  So let's see how it goes until my next checkup towards the end of the year.  And no need to worry about anything just yet.             

No comments:

Post a Comment