Saturday, August 27, 2022

A Bobcat Sighting

Yesterday evening, I was sitting down in my living room watching the telly - it was early evening, still light out - when a flash of movement or color caught my attention to my left through the back patio door.  And what did I see?  Only a bobcat, slowly sidling through my yard just beyond the patio.  Not a care in the world.  My first thought?  I need a photo of this.  Momentary panic - I wasn't sure where I'd left my phone.  Gathered my thoughts, grabbed my phone from the kitchen, and headed out to my conservatory - and yes, there was the bobcat still.  A quick photo through the window - not high quality, obviously had to be done in a rush - but at least I managed to finally capture the bobcat on film as it crossed my driveway and before it slinked away into the undergrowth and out of view.

That's kind of cool right!  Given the amount of deer I've been seeing in the yard this summer, which has been a lot, I'm guessing it was on the hunt for those.  Just today on the way out for a walk, I came across a family of deer just hanging out outside my house.


1 comment:

  1. Fcuk me, not just one good quality bona fide wildlife photo chez Mansfield - but 2!!!

    Zooming in on the Bobcat, it's bigger than it appears. Wouldn't want to argue with it!!!

    The deer photo is cool also

    ReplyDelete