Monday, August 22, 2022

Camano Island State Park (again)

I've mainly been hiking in forests recently, but I did go to the coast over the weekend.  Only up to Camano Island, somewhere I've been plenty of times before.  But generally not in the evening, which is when I went this time.  It was busy, but not as busy as I feared for a sunny weekend.  I was planning to walk the loop trail in Camano Island State Park - but when I got there, found out that part of the trail was closed.  So I just took an alternative trail - basically along a bluff overlooking the water, with occasional paths going down to the beach.  With all the ups and downs, it turned into a decent workout.  And actually found a nice (and surprisingly quiet) picnic site from which I think if I'd stayed longer I would have got to see a spectacularly colorful sunset over the water.  These photos will have to suffice instead.






No comments:

Post a Comment