Saturday, August 20, 2022

Getting my zzz's

The other birthday present I wanted to get myself was a new mattress.  Something I've wanted to get for a little while now.  I've even done my research and know which mattress I want to get (and yes, it is a mattress designed for plus-sized people - but needs must).  But for some reason, I have not pulled the trigger on buying it yet.  Why the reluctance?  Is it the cost?  Yes, it is not cheap - especially as I need a more expensive king-sized mattress for my king-sized bed.  But I have a $500 annual wellness credit through work which I believe I can use towards the cost of the mattress.  That's something I need to check up on next week.  Is it the logistics of getting a new mattress?  Getting big items delivered to my address can be problematic with less than ideal access.  Then I have the problem of disposing of the old mattress - I think my landlord said he might be able to help with that.  But even then, moving the new mattress in and moving the old mattress out are not tasks I can do by myself - this is a 2-person job at least, so I need to either persuade my landlord or one of my friends into helping me out.  And then there is the timing.  I am increasingly thinking that I want to move away from the Greater Seattle area sometime within the next few years.  Living here is no longer as appealing as it used to be for all sorts of reasons.  So maybe delaying the purchase of a new mattress until I move somewhere would be more practical.  I don't know, I suspect I will still order it next week - as I get older then getting a decent night's sleep is more important than ever, so I don't think I should compromise or delay on this.       

No comments:

Post a Comment