Thursday, August 4, 2022

Camano Ridge Trail

Earlier this week, I braved the heat to walk a new trail to me - Camano Ridge Trail on Camano Island, about an hour's drive north.  I did take a couple of photos, but this is typical Pacific NW forest habitat so it looks like a lot of other trails I do regularly.  The difference was that this one was pretty quiet - I only encountered 2 people on the entire loop, a jogger and a forager.  So if I'm seeking solitude, this is the hike to do.  I must have walked about 4 miles around the perimeter of the trail - but you could easily make this a shorter or longer hike by taking different routes.  And it has just enough ups and downs to make it a nice little workout.  And much like several hikes I've done recently, I was plagued by bugs - despite spraying myself liberally with bug spray.  It gets to the extent where you imagine you hear buzzing in your ear even when there isn't anything there, and it drives you crazy.  And then you discover several new insect bites when you get home.  This summer seems to have been particularly bad for this.  But with more warm weather in the forecast, it's not going to stop me going out.



1 comment:

  1. Errr???

    "It gets to the extent where you imagine you hear buzzing in your ear even when there isn't anything there, and it drives you crazy"

    Immediately followed by

    "And then you discover several new insect bites when you get home"

    Doesn't the second event prove that there WAS something there???

    ReplyDelete