Sunday, August 21, 2022

House of the Dragon: Initial Thoughts (Spoiler Free)

It's 10.30 pm, and I've just finished watching the first episode of House of the Dragon.  So what did I think?  I liked it.  But I didn't love it, at least not just yet.  It didn't draw me in in the same way that Game of Thrones did.  It's good to return to the Game of Thrones universe - albeit 200 years earlier.  But House of the Dragon has started very dark and a lot more serious.  And the characters are, at least so far, not as interesting as those in Game of Thrones - it made me miss Tyrion and the over the top villainy of someone like Joffrey.  But the show looks as good as ever - and with a lot of the character introductions done, I hope the series can find it's footing.  It has at least removed the foul taste that was the flawed last season of Game of Thrones, which can only be a good thing.         

No comments:

Post a Comment