Monday, November 29, 2021

SAD

I really hate this time of year in the Pacific NW - it's dark, wet, cold and miserable.  And it seems even worse this year.  This Thanksgiving Weekend was a great example - a long weekend, ruined by our region being hit by about 3 Pineapple Expresses during this time.  What does this mean?  Lots and lots of rain.  So all my plans to get and about each day were ruined.  And when I did go out, it just wasn't very enjoyable and I think I caught a cold in all the dampness.  I can deal with light rain, but not heavy rain and when it comes with flooding and landslides (some of my planned hiking trails have been affected).  It's this time of the year when I really miss living in Southern California.  And at the very least, I think this is the time of year when I really need to take a vacation to somewhere warmer and sunnier.  Yes, I am definitely suffering from seasonal affective disorder this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment