Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Booster

Got my COVID booster shot today.  In perhaps a reflection of America's indifference to COVID now, there was nobody waiting at this drive-thru when I got there at 9.30am.  So I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.  I think perhaps they could change their policy of appointments only to allow for walk-ins (or, more accurately, drive-ins), though I suspect that still wouldn't make much difference.  The biggest surprise was that the drive-thru was set up in a church car park.  Considering the church's "neutral" stance on vaccinations at best, aggressively anti-vaxx at worst, I wonder how much push back there was on setting it up there.  I was almost expecting to see some anti-vaxxers protesting there, but sadly not so I didn't get the opportunity to give them the finger.  Only mild side effects from the shot so far - a sore arm, to be expected as that it was I have experienced from a COVID shot before, but also nausea, which I haven't experienced before.  There's been a few times this evening when I've started over-producing saliva in that way you do just before you throw up.  Not a pleasant feeling.          

No comments:

Post a Comment