Monday, November 22, 2021

Passage of Time

The last few months have absolutely flown by - I can't believe it's less than 3 weeks until I come back to the UK.  But even before then, I can't believe it's Thanksgiving this week.  It's always nice to have a shortened work week, but I haven't made any plans to do anything - and it didn't even cross my mind to make any plans.  Travel around Thanksgiving is always a nightmare, and I think it's going to be especially bad this year, but it's something you have to endure if you really want to make the most of this time off.  Because if you stay local, like I will, then you have to put up with the really crappy weather.  Nonetheless I think I've been so consumed with work recently that I haven't thought about much else, so this shortened week is very welcome.  And the much longer break back to the UK, along with 3 weeks without work, is even more welcome and much needed.  I fear work may try to encroach on my time off, but I'll do my best to keep it at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment